Friday, October 12, 2018

14A- Halfway Reflection

1) Tenaciousness is a competency. What are the behaviors that you have used (or developed) to keep up with the requirements of this course? 
I have learned to keep my own deadlines and schedule so that I can manage my time much more efficiently. I have also learned to be more willing to talk to strangers with the interviews that we were required to perform.
2) Tenaciousness is also about attitude. Talk about a moment or two when you felt like "giving up." What pulled you through? Do you feel like you've developed a tenacious attitude during the past two months? What experience or experiences most contributed to this?
I have not felt like giving up in the past two months but a moment when I did feel that in the past was when I was taking my accounting course. I was studying for an exam and nothing seemed to click. I was studying so much information and it seemed like it was never going to end. The thing that helped me pull through was remembering why I was doing this. I was taking the course for my betterment. Doing poorly would only hurt me and essentially be a waste of time.
3) Three tips. What are three tips you would offer next semester's student about (1) fostering the skills that support tenacity and (2) developing the 'tenacious mindset' ?
The three tips I would offer students next semester are to keep a schedule so that work does not pile up at a deadline. It will do wonders for decreasing your stress. The second thing students need to do is figure out their main drive for college and strive towards that. The third thing to be tenacious would be to set a semester goal. Setting short-term goals is helpful because they are easier to realize and can really help you on your way to your larger goal.
Image result for you can do it

No comments:

Post a Comment