Friday, November 16, 2018

25 - What's Next

Existing Market

The next step in my venture is creating more safety products for bikers.

The people I talked to were a group of students and they suggested that I make an app that integrated with Chirp device and let them turn it on from there and change the different predetermined setting so they could choose how many chirps to use. Some just wanted a steady stream feature so they could use it like a normal dog whistle for their dogs. The other person I interviewed wanted an app that uses the phone's own speakers to make the noise. I believe that my next steps based on this feedback are definitely to have some kind of smartphone integration. I really resonated with the idea that my first interview produced.


New Market

The other market that I can target is bike safety equipment manufacturers that are looking for ways to differentiate themselves from the competition. 

I can create value for them by adding another function to their product with the integration of my device. 

I talked to the people that I added to my social capital in the growing your social capital post. What surprised me the most was how on board they seemed to be. Tom Carroll, the CEO of NiteRider was telling me that they are constantly trying to find new features to their lights and how they can only upgrade the LED diode so many times. They believe that adding my device would add a great functionality that is line with the intention of the product; to provide a safe and pleasant ride for the customer. They would want to implement it to their current products as the "elite safety model" for retail customers. This market is much more attractive than selling to the consumers because these are assured sales to businesses that will be buying in bulk. There is less risk on my part and I also don't have to worry about dealing with packaging and distribution to consumers. 

1 comment:

  1. Daniel, I think you got some valuable feedback from evaluating your existing and new market. An app is a great idea, especially when targeting college students. For the new market, it is impressive that you used a connection you have made in an earlier assignment. It's great that you talked to an existing company and they discussed implementing your product into their already existing line.

    ReplyDelete