Friday, November 16, 2018

23 - Your Venture's Unfair Advantage


My Resources
  • Financial Capital
    • I currently have a decent amount of financial capital saved up thanks to my Bright Futures scholarship. Many people have this.
    • I can also ask for capital from my family as I know they would be willing to help at the very beginning. Many people have this.
  • Social Capital
    • Tom Carroll from NiteRider who makes lights for surfers and bikers. He already contains plenty of experience in my industry. Is unique and has the ability for a future partnership
    • J. Lucas Elrath is an expert in my market. He has worked for several years as a project manager overseeing testing, benchmarking, and hazard testing of bicycles and bike equipment. is unique and somewhat substitutable.
    • A supplier in Taiwan that can manufacture the product for me. Can be substitutable.
  • Human Capital
    • I don't have any employees so all the Human Capital currently comes from me. I currently bring the business knowledge that I have gained from my classes.
    • I have experience working in start-up businesses as an intern.
  • Capabilities
    • The device is small and can be integrated into bike lights. Very unique and must first form a relationship with a partner.
    • The device could also be installed into a bike helmet to emphasize safety. Very unique and must first form a relationship with a partner.
    • The product has the possibility of saving a person from injury. This is unique in the way that it prevents accidents.
My top resource is in my social capital. My connection with Tom Carroll is vital to the success of my business. I can already foresee an integration of my device into his products that would work seamlessly and allow both of us to have an advantage on the entire bike safety market.

No comments:

Post a Comment