Friday, November 2, 2018

19 - Idea Napkin 2

  1. I am a second generation immigrant and have been raised by a family defined by hard work and devotion to its success. I aspire to lead my family further and set the standard for my cousins and siblings. I have experience with entrepreneurship as both sides of my family have their own businesses that I have spent time working in. This business would be at the forefront of my life and I would be solely focused on making it succeed. 
  2. What am I offering customers? I am offering my customers convenience and safety. They will no longer need to struggle and stop their favorite activity because of ignorant pedestrians.
  3. Who am I offering it to? I am offering it to customers that don't have patience, are fairly athletic, and are safety conscious. The product is not exclusive to bikers. It can be used by runners and skateboarders too.
  4. Why do they care? My customers will care because they all have the same mutual hatred of pedestrians that don't move out of the way and can put you in harm's way as you try to avoid hitting them.
  5. What are my core competencies? What sets me apart from everyone else is that there currently isn't another product on the market that does what mine does. There are bike horns and bells but they don't work when people have headphones on which is the majority of pedestrians nowadays. 
          I believe that my elements fit together. My hardworking nature is going to help develop the product and enable it to succeed. My potential customers definitely have this issue. All of their needs that I am fulfilling definitely do match up with why they care for it. The product allows them to exercise outdoors safely. Because the product is about safety and improving the quality of life of the potential customers, I believe that the 3 middle elements tie in nicely without any outliers. The core competency of my product is the reason that my customers would buy it in the first place so that ties in with the other elements as well. 

Feedback Memo: 
         The main things that I took away from the feedback was my Idea napkin had many related parts that really help glue everything together. The other main feedback that I took was that long-boarders are also part of my potential buyers. I revised my Idea napkin with this feedback by adding more variety to my potential customers.

1 comment:

  1. Great job on your Idea napkin Daniel. From reading your blogs it seems as if you have a continual focus on your work ethic and your drive. One of the things that I picked up from Dr. Pryor’s lecture is that we should try to find people who are motivated hard workers and then teach them the skills we want them to have because those people are hard to find. What you learned from your upbringing is very valuable in business.

    ReplyDelete